Friday, September 25, 2009

Great American Afghan - First square done

Hey Everyone,

Last night I finished my first square from the Great American Afghan. I decided to start with square no. 3, designed by Traci Bunkers. It was a basic 12 row pattern, a couple of cables and bobbles. I really enjoyed working it. I found that since it was small and portable that I actually worked on it more. I give a two thumbs up for Traci's design!!!

I don't have a picture yet. I'm going to try blocking it tomorrow morning, so cross your fingers that I don't ruin it. After it is blocked, I will have my dear husband take a photo.

I have decided to go for square no. 15 next, designed by Marge Hayes. I am going to skip the leaves. But, I will save that pattern for a later project. I think they are cute. I started the CO this afternoon while at school, but certainly didn't get to 196. I'm using a knitted CO, because I don't have to guesstimate the length for a long tail CO, and get to 180 and be wrong. I hope that is okay. If anyone knows a better way, please let me know.

How are the September socks coming? Not very well. I got about 3 more rounds done tonight at the movies. First Friday night off my DH has had in a while. He picked the movie. So, yes, I spent 30 minutes standing in the lobby while he finished watching Final Destination. I don't recommend the movie, I want his money back, and I didn't even get popcorn. The movie theater needs a bench or something in the theater area for those of us who don't want to see trash in 3D, but have to wait for our ride.

UM Paper update: No topics yet for large papers. I did get my first assignment for Intro to Ethnomusicology turned in. I did it wrong, of course, but I know why and I had some discussion points to share in class. I have a book report (Ethno) and a journal report (Women in Music) due this next week. I hope to knock them both out this weekend. Dario is taking pictures at a wedding tomorrow, so I will hide out and work.

I took a nap this afternoon after school, but I still feel a little sick and tired. But I should be better tomorrow. I get to buy a new vacuum in the morning. Yippie!! Have a great night!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love that afghan!! I have been wanting to try it too. Missed you Thursday night. Hope you are feeling better!
Have a great day!!
God Bless you!!
Mary