Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cast on for September Sock

Well, I guess I suck at this blogging thing.

I hope to do better.

So, I joined the Sock Knitter's Anonymous group on Ravelry. I'm going to try to do their monthly challenge. I will start by doing it every other month or every 3-4 months. If I get 2 done this year, I'll be happy. My personal goal is 1 pair of socks.

This month's challenge: Yellow or Wendy Knits or Mystery Sock in Yellow.
I'm starting with the Sunrise Socks by Wendy Knits and I'm doing them in Yellow.
I'll be using MIB's yarn called Lemon. It's a bright happy yellow with a little variation in the colors.



They will be a birthday gift for my cousin. Her favorite color is yellow and she'll be 12 this year.

They are my first attempt at toe-up socks. I watched Cat Bordhi's video on Judy's Magic Cast-on all morning and actually got them casted-on. And it only took 2 tries.

I'll get more done later today.
Carolyn

1 comment:

Mary said...

Can't wait to see how they look!! The color looks great!!