Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Knitting

I almost forgot about Christmas being around the corner. I survived my first semester in my Ph.D. program. I wrote 2 papers, took 1 exam, taught 7 classes (mostly online), graded 175 concert reports, but the biggest accomplishment.....

2 pairs of fingerless mittens from One Skein Wonders,
1 pair beer gloves from Son of Stitch n Bitch,
1 Modern Baby Blanket from Mason Dixson,
2 dog sweaters,
3 rags from some rag book,
1 itty bitty binkey from above rag book (done in soft white yarn),
3 pairs of baby booties for new nephew,
1 baby sweater,
2 children sweaters (thankfully finished by the most awesome friend anyone could have :) ),
75% done with a Moon and Stars blanket,
75% done with a man's stocking cap, and
50% done with an IPod holder

Did I let school get in the way of my knitting... I think not.

I wrote the Christmas list yesturday and was so happy to see all the check marks by lucky family names. I hope they know how much I love them.

So, what's left to do I asked myself....???

4 placemats,
2 pairs of mittens,
2 beer gloves,
and finish the stuff I already started.

I'm so glad I'm working next week. 8 hours of answering phones and knitting. Of course if I was home it'd be just 8 hours of knitting. I hope to take pictures before I wrap things. I'll post them somewhere.

1 comment:

Morandia said...

woohoo!!! I'm so proud of you!